Friday, August 26, 2011

You CAN grill a cheese sandwich on a rock!

Well, this may seem a strange title, but it's true! Back in early July (I know, forever ago) I was at my best friend's house. I'll call her K Grace, which is her blog name. She has a fantastic blog called Ever In the Present Moment that she co-authors with her best friend, Kiana. Well, one night we were both hungry and a grilled cheese sandwich sounded AMAZING, so we decided to make one. Oh, but we weren't going to make it the traditional way, that would be boring. No, we decided to grill it on a rock that was next to the bonfire we were having. It was a brilliant idea, just saying. I can't remember who thought of it, though. Haha, that's probably a good thing. Anyway, it took awhile to cook, so while we waited we caught fireflies.
The cool thing about that is that I had wanted to do that for a long time. I remember telling Kyrie "I really want to catch fireflies and stargaze."
She then informed me, "We don't really get fireflies up here..." Well, I just happened to visit her at just the right time, because there were dozens and dozens of fireflies! It was so fun chasing them under the stars, it was pretty cool. After we finished firefly hunting, we sat down and shared our grilled cheese sandwich. And it was probably the best one I have ever had, actually, it WAS the best one I'd ever had. K Grace and I created a really cool memory that night, it was probably my favorite part of the trip. That and talking while floating on a tube, screaming at every little bump on the four-wheel drive, flying on the road...they were all little things, but they are memories I'm going to be keeping in my back-pocket :)

No comments:

Post a Comment