Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Street Sweeper

Howdy, I am one of the young ladies who is going to be posting on this blog. My name, Smiles, is something you would understand if you knew me... :) I had a hard time coming up with a name, but I finally found one that describes me! ha ha


The subject "What am I going to do with my life?", is something that has been on my mind and is on allot of other teenagers minds as well.


There is a great quote (which is one of my new faves) by Martin Luther King Jr. he said, "If it falls on you to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music.... Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well." I think that it is very important to do things with our whole heart. In Collossians 3:23 it says, "and whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men."

As teenagers we are imagining our selves as different roles in life and some of us already have an idea of what that may be. I know that in my life it has been a topic on my mind. God has called us to do different things in life. Just because were not a pastor (or a youth pastor) doesn't mean that we can't have a ministry and minister to people. God places us here to be a light in whatever role He chooses for us in life. I encourage you to seek God in times of decision making, because he already knows what you're going to do (kind of scary, huh?) Just remember whatever you do, do it with your whole heart, and not to men, but to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment